Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Concentration Statement (revisited)

I have always loved the rain, even when I was young. There's something about listening to it fall on the tin roof of my house or snuggling under a blanket in the living room and just watching it fall. What some people would find annoying about the rain I don't mind. I've never had a car that fishtailed in the rain, I love when the power goes out during a thunderstorm and I don't mind getting soaking wet.  My only complaint about the rain is the gigantic puddles the rain causes in the parking lot of my school and how I can never seem to avoid stepping in them. 

You can choose to look at rain in a multitude ways and that's what I'm exploring in my AP Art concentration: The ways rain can be viewed or thought of. Rain can be something: scary, cold, fun, helpful, beautiful, soothing, dangerous, renewing, messy, hopeful, promising or foreboding. Rain, like life, is what you make of it. 

1 comment:

  1. Marion - Your statement should be very clear and concise.
    If you could narrow your statement down to one sentence how would it read?

    Focus: rain
    Theme: (how can you describe the focus of rain in one sentence?)

    ReplyDelete