Sunday, February 1, 2009

Concentration #2



This is my second concentration piece that continues my exploration of "rain" in relation to my own personality and experiences. This piece concerned with STORMS. Everyone has "storms" or hardships in their lives that they must overcome. In this piece I have created a photo montage of both photos I took and other storm photos (thanks to google). The photos are different sizes and some are cut up into parts and spread over the composition. On top of the photos I used acrylic inks. I shook a brush loaded with silver ink on top of the concentration to create the drops. I also poured purple, light pink, blue, green and yellow inks onto the concentration and let them drip down while also blowing on them to create different patterns as opposed to just letting them drip. In the future I hope to add self portraits of my profile in the future.. one in the bottom right looking up and one in top left looking down. I hope to use a combination of tissue paper and inks to create my profile. 

4 comments:

  1. I really love the colors that you use in your work and the way that you used the acrylic inks- it really makes your piece cohesive. :)
    Good job girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out really good. I think the painting dripping method that you are doing in all of yours is really important... it emphasizes the whole rain thing that much more. Your concentration is very clear through all the works you've done. OH and Friday night... good job, get it girl. (had to say it).

    ReplyDelete
  3. this turned out great marion!i love the drips...the colors you chose work really well. there is a definite emphasis on your concentration idea. all your work seems to go very well together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. marion excellent job i think your really starting to get the hang of this rain concentration. the dripping of paint on the pictures is very original and it is obvious that you are developing your own markmaking skills

    ReplyDelete