Monday, January 26, 2009

Concentration #1



1.) I (tried) to use the suggestion to do a citra-solv transfer for the background of my first concentration piece. The transfer didn't work out but I used the photos I had printed off to create a collage. 
2.) I tried to create a more engaging design through three things in particular, 
-the movement of the color dripping down the photograph 
-the contrast of the inks and photograph 
-rhythm of the puzzle piece. 
3.) I feel like my work demonstrates my idea. I think the concept is clear and the mixed media I used involve many elements and principles of art. 
4.) I cut up my photograph into puzzle pieces. It was very stressful knowing I could have ruined the entire piece right then with just wrong snip of the scissors. 
5.)The piece represents my life in many ways. For the first time in my life everything is simple and everything is going right. The color dripping down into the black and white represents that. The complicated colors and being simplified into black and white and the puzzle pieces are finally coming together. "Everything Fits". 

3 comments:

  1. This looks really cool Marion! :)
    I love the contrast between the raindrops and the windowpane and can't wait to see more of your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marion...this is awesome! I like how you are mixing your photography skills with art. This is a great start to your concentration

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! it goes perfectly with your concentration... you're not loosing your idea at all. the colors are beautiful also. and the photography is very interestnig.

    ReplyDelete