Monday, February 16, 2009

Concentration #3

In my third concentration piece I used a citra-solv transfer of a photo I took, then worked back on top of it. I used different colors of inks in horizontals and vertical drips to create a background. I then created another citra-solv transfer of my own face, then added my hair with acrylic paint, ink and watercolor pencils. 

The yellow ink that drips down the background blends in to help create the hair. Some of the other inks blend into the hair to create different shades and colors. 

3 comments:

  1. I love the movement in this piece Marion! The colors that you chose for the drippings work well together, and think that the way that you included yourself in this piece is really cool. I can't wait to see your next piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hair. There is such a great rhythm to this piece. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this image but I am not sure if it fits in with the theme of your concentration?

    I like the way you added the portrait and the hair to pull the portrait with the photo together. However, the drip marks are distracting to me - what do they mean? I am not sure what you are trying to express with the drips i nthe pastel colors? Spring?

    ReplyDelete